Friday 27 July 2012

Some holiday snaps

I had an amazing holiday.  It was so good I didn't want to come back home.  We were so lucky with the weather (only one really wet day) and the midges were practically non existent.  We did loads of walking, cycling and general sight seeing.  We stayed with family for a few days near Stornoway.  I totally fell in love with Lewis.  It's a magical place.


We went cycling at the foot of Ben Nevis in Fort William.  My eagle eyes spotted wild strawberries ripe for the picking.  That sorted out a free dessert for that evening.  There were wild raspberries too but they weren't ready for picking.

We went seal watching at Dunvegan Castle in Skye.  We were so close to them, it was just stunning.


And my favourite place of all despite the horizontal rain was the Callinish Standing Stones on Lewis.  We also visited the blackhouse village, a restored group of traditional island houses set out as a living museum.  We saw a traditional weaver weaving the world famous Harris tweed.

Best holiday ever!!!

But back to reality with a huge bump.  The spanner in the works has been dealt with.  The house will be back on the market next week but I have negotiated hard and worked out a good deal for myself and the teenager.  Life throws unexpected stuff at you but it's how you deal with it that matters.

1 comment:

  1. It horrid when you come back from a lovely holiday isn't, I feel for you

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks