Saturday 8 September 2012

Tartan remnants and marinade jars


This unpromising bag of remnants caused great excitement when it arrived this morning.


After a little bit of sorting out and colour coding this is what was in there.  £8 worth (half price in their clearance sale) of Scottish tartan remnants from a bespoke kiltmaker.  Most of it is 100% wool and can be felted for use in my Etsy projects.  A small amount has silk in it so I'll need to find a use for it too.  Total weight 1kg.


There are 32 different tartans.  I've sorted them into reds, blues, pink/purples, greens and browns.  I'm planning to make an advent calender for a Christmas Fayre so can make the 24 wee pockets all different.


A quick pop into M&S found these wee jars of marinade reduced from £1.55 down to 40p.  I tried one the other day and used it like a stir fry sauce (yummy!)   But when I washed out the jar I thought it was the perfect size for filling with a festive preserve to add to a gift basket.  So I bought 10 and used my £4 vouchers so effectively I have 10 free stir fry sauces and 10 jars to recycle into gifts.

And reduced local strawberries never go to waste round here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks