Monday 7 January 2013

It's freezing time!


I'm ridiculously pleased with my new freezer.  I spent my Christmas money on it as it's far more useful to me atm than clothes or something frivolous. 

Having a second freezer could be viewed as a luxury but since the aim of the game here is to save money in the long term it will pay for itself over and over in the coming years.  My kitchen freezer is bursting at the seams.  I live 15 miles from my nearest supermarket so popping out for bread cos I've run out isn't an easy option.  I like to keep at least 2 white and 2 wholemeal loaves on standby (the hungry teen can eat a lot of toast and sandwiches!!!) and that fills a whole drawer.

I've got a big supermarket delivery coming later so will be filling up my store cupboard as well as batch cooking meals for the freezer.  It's the first time I've used this supermarket's delivery option.  They offered £12 off your first order so I've got £12 worth of flour, sugar, coffee etc to store.  Only problem with deliveries is that sometimes an item isn't available so if they didn't have any turkey mince then some of my meal planning is up the spout!!

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks