Tuesday 11 June 2013

Caramelised apple sponge

Thanks for all the apple suggestions :-)  In the end I peeled and cored them.
 


I put them in a pan with a squeeze of lemon juice, a splash of water and a large spoonful of dark brown sugar.  They simmered for about 10 mins until soft and caramelly (sorry non technical terms but you get the drift)



I put them in the bottom of a pudding basin, topped it with a sponge mixture and steamed it for an hour.

Turned out all right!


I had mine with some pouring soya yogurt. Twas very nice indeed.  It fed 2 of us 2 nights in a row.  A frugal gourmet pud made from some sad wrinkly apples and storecupboard ingredients.

That light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to be seen :-)  I have a very interested viewer who is saying and doing all the right things so hopefully I'll have some fab news to report very soon.

On the job front, I had an interview today to get onto the supply teaching list.  It went well so here's hoping I get some work when the new school year starts in August.

Still feel it's not quite happening yet but I have hope, more hope than I've had for a while so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks