Friday 15 May 2015

Read the labels!

 
I'm an avid label reader anyway but it pays to read the labels on the supermarket shelf too.  I've been buying these basics pineapples for a few years now and have seen the price gradually creep up and up.  I went to pick up a few of my usual tins yesterday and just happened to glance at the other own label pineapples too.

 
Larger tin so you'd expect a larger price.  But look at the price per kilogram! £1.74 per kg for the basics BUT £1.53 per kg for the own label!!  The 'cheaper' basics range is more expensive!!!

 
Just as a check I looked at the mandarins.  Basics broken mandarins £2.29 per kg

 
Own label £2.18 per kg!
 
Supermarkets are just out to get our hard earned money.  It pays to be one step ahead of them!

4 comments:

  1. Good spot! I agree. Sometimes the brands are cheaper and sometimes the smaller sizes are better value I have found too, I'm an avid label reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does pay to read when I remember to take my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always read the price per Kg - cheese is one area the deals aren't always what they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always check the labels, the bargains are not always the cheapest.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks