Wednesday 25 November 2015

Pot luck lunch


It's half term for the kids tomorrow and Friday but not for teachers.  We have 2 staff development days, aka sitting in kid sized chairs in a classroom being talked at for hours.

Best part of these days is our pot luck lunch where everyone brings in something to share.  There's no real planning involved and it usually works out.

My offering above is a 3 bean salad with a honey and mustard dressing (fat free) and Mexican chicken.  I had 3 tins of beans in the store cupboard (red kidney, cannellini and chickpeas), onions in the veg basket and a bag of frozen chicken fillets in the freezer.  I always have honey, mustard, cider vinegar and spices kicking around so no need to buy anything specially for the lunch (unlike some of my colleagues who were going to the supermarket after work tonight!!)

I haven't skimped on ingredients but still managed to make something nice :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yum - sounds tasty and filling too - I adore beans and chickpeas, and I've just made some chicken and lentil soup for my daughter to take to her work experience job in this flippin' freezing weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called being prepared! Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds lovely! Now I'm wondering why I've never thought to make my own three bean salad, rather than buying it (when on offer)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 3 of us made something, everyone else bought stuff. The HT's husband made coronation chicken and a colleague made sushi (delicious!!) There was no chicken left and only a spoonful of bean salad left. And several people asked how to make it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks