Thursday 20 July 2017

Cutting more costs


I finally got round to upgrading my phone.  I'd been putting it off as I knew it would take a chunk of time to actually go to the shop and get all the paperwork etc done.  But my old phone kept freezing and switching itself off so I knew it was time.  I'd done a bit of research and worked out what type of package I needed.  Basically unlimited texts and calls with a bit of data and I wanted to keep my number.  So after 55 minutes with a slip of a girl I had upgraded to a better phone (Sony Xperia L1), got the package I wanted AND saved myself £19 a month.  That's £228 a year!!!  Win win especially as she transferred all my stuff and set it up for me!

Next item to cost cut is pet insurance.  When I got Emma 5 years ago it cost £13 a month to insure her.  Last month (June) I paid £39.26.  This month I paid £48.92! WTF!!  I'm on the case.

ETA: Just spoken to Tesco Pet Insurance (I'm naming and shaming!!) and yes there was mistake.  My monthly premium should actually be £63 a month!!! Policy cancelled and now searching for a new one


Yesterday's breakfast from my garden 😋

2 comments:

  1. I can recommend More Than for pet cover. Our policy is the premium one which gives lifetime cover (means ongoing health issues continue to be covered) and we're only £24 a month. Don't know if type of dog etc matters but it might be worth a look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I'm checking out as many sites as I can!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks