Friday 12 January 2018

One pots


These are the 2 one pot bargains from last night.  I cooked up the smoky bean one first.  It was nice and spicy but lacked 'something.'  I added a tin of baked beans and it was rather nice.  I had a small bowl for supper, a portion with leftover rice for my lunch today and there's another lunch sized portion for tomorrow. So this 10p pot gave me 3 meals!


Tonight I had the curry one.  I cooked it as per the instructions but added some coconut milk at the end.  I like to have mango chutney with a curry but I didn't have any.  However, I was given a jar of mango jam for Christmas.  Chutney is the same as jam (sort of) with added vinegar so I stirred some into a few spoons of jam.  Hey presto, mango 'chutney.'  A bit runny but yummy!


The curry was mild and quite nice although I prefer my own home made versions.  But again this bargain made 2 decent portions.  The other one is in the fridge for another night.

Both one pots had healthy ingredients, no rubbish but very overpriced at £2.60.  Perfectly acceptable for 10p though.

11 comments:

  1. I love how inventive you were with them. Great value too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my best bargains for a while!

      Delete
  2. Lovely value for the money spent and I like your creativity, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I seem to have my cooking mojo back :-)

      Delete
  3. At that price you have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, if it's terrible then it's only 10p lost!

      Delete
  4. Great use if your bargains and really tasty food. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm trying to be creative and not eat boring food :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the lovely pin. I have worn it daily since getting it two days ago and it has received many compliments. It was so kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! Thanks for letting me know it arrived safely :-)

      Delete
  6. Your blog is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks