Monday 18 June 2018

One wee job leads to another...


Luckily OH is handy.  We'd noticed that the fascia board above the downstairs bathroom window was rotten and split.  So OH removed it and put up a new one.


Unfortunately when he removed the rotten one the roughcast came away with it in huge chunks!  I knew that parts of the roughcast on the extension were loose (some small bits had fallen off at the back) but this confirmed my fears that I'll have to replace some/most/all of it before Winter.  ££££££££ *sighs*


On the work front we're on the penultimate week until the summer holidays.  I've completed most of my literacy and numeracy for the term so we're doing lots of outdoor learning, enjoying the good weather.  Last week we picked elderflowers from the playing field and made elderflower cordial.  Kids were amazed and most of them drank it!  Recipe HERE on my old blog.

Just 6 full days and 3 half days to go!! 🎉🎈🎉🎈

2 comments:

  1. What a shame about the roughcast, but I guess it was inevitable. Great activities with the kids. So nice when you get close to the end of term and you can lighten up and have a little bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This run of lovely weather has really made a difference to being able to get outside with them! Lots of my kids seem to be kept indoors playing on computers instead of playing/exploring the world outside :-(

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks