Sunday 16 September 2018

It always takes longer...


I really did think that I'd be finished by tonight but painting always takes longer than I think it will.  I won't know until the morning (depends how it dries) but I'm pretty sure I'll need to do another coat of satinwood on all the woodwork.  Painting Brilliant White emulsion on top of Brilliant White was really hard on my eyesight!  As much as I loved the matt emulsion I used 2 (yes, TWO!!!) years ago it wasn't doing well on the heavy traffic areas around the doors. I'm hoping the bathroom paint I had stashed in the garage is easier to wipe clean!!


Talking of paint I already had... 

This tin of primer came with me from my previous house so it's at least 5 years old and has been well used!!


There's still about 1 cm left right at the bottom!!


For another almost but not quite finished room (the living room 😳) I splurged on some bee fabric to make cushions to match my bee canvas.  So that's another wee job on my to do list before the October break in 3 weeks. (ETA it's actually 4 weeks!  I was getting a bit excited!)   I want the utility room and living room completely done so I can start on  my bedroom during half term.



I might also have splurged £15 on some sparkly trainers for work!!

That leaves me with £61.34 in my clothes budget to last until the end of the year.  I might need some new opaque tights for work but I don't think I need anything else. 

So that was my very quick (again!) weekend.  Hope yours was productive too!

12 comments:

  1. Love the trainers-that’ll keep the weans entranced! I hate painting mainly due to the disruption it causes no matter which room is being done. Our dining room is needing done but I can’t face it yet, so I’ll just keep tilting the blinds for now! Happy week at work.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll do anything to get them to actually look at me and listen!!

      Delete
  2. Love your bee fabric, painting inside our house is taking forever, your clothes spending is good, I wanted a year with no spend on clothes and shoes, as I have so many I never wear. Succeeding on the shoes but changed my clothes to not spending over £100 and doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your trainers!
    Our hall and stairs is next on the list, which is a lot of painting; so many doors and spindles! I've changed my mind about wall colours numerous times, and settled on a fresh coat of white, some feature wallpaper at the top of the stairs, a new stair carpet, and new laminate in the hall. Then I'll have a chair to re-cover too. It should all keep me busy for a while.
    I really don't like matt paint at all, where keeping it clean is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stupidly painted my kitchen in white matt too!! I'm going to have to re do it as well *sighs*

      Painting a hall and stairs is a big job, you'll be kept very busy! I'm seriously considering getting a professional in to do mine

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I wore them today and they were much commented upon!!

      Delete
  5. Who knew trainers could be so sparkly!
    Good luck with the painting. Workman here again all week doing bathroom - hate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them!!

      Just keep thinking how lovely it will be once they're finished!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks