Friday 17 May 2019

TFIF!!!!


By 5 o'clock tonight I was already one glass of wine down.  And I just ordered a GF pizza delivery for tea 🍕😳

It's been one hell of a week with my student failing his placement and being extremely unprofessional about it all.  He had a swearing rant at me after his tutor failed him so I sent him home (he's 45, not a silly wee boy!!), he bad mouthed me to someone who he didn't realise was actually a member of our management team (she quickly put him in his place!) and was very dismissive of my lovely colleagues who had kindly agreed to let him observe them this week as a personal favour to me.  He refused to discuss my report with him and basically left the building at the end of the day without saying goodbye.  Good riddance!!!

Then today I had several sick pupils including one who puked all over the library.  And one of my poor wee souls fell at lunchtime and has probably dislocated her elbow and broken her wrist.  Her mum came and was in bits so I ended up giving her a big cuddle as well as the wee girl while we waited for transport to get her to A&E.

I really am glad it's Friday!!!!!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like a nightmare week! I hope your student doesn't get any further in teaching, he doesn't sound like he should! Enjoy your weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite prepared to think I was maybe a bit hard on him but when 7 (SEVEN!)of my lovely colleagues all independently reported back similar stories then no, teaching is not for him. I've passed all the info onto my HT who is now dealing with it. Really looking forward to my weekend now!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Quite a horrific end to the week. You deserve the wine. I`m having a glass in sympathy with you, not because I deserve it. (Toro Bravo 2017, a good vintage).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling the after effects this morning!!! I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol these days!

      Delete
  3. WOW! That sounds like quite a week!

    I hope your little wee one is quick to heal with no lasting effects. That incident would have bothered me more than the nitwit 45 year old (glad he won't be teaching after all...).

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got no way of knowing how she is until Monday. I really hope it was a straight forward fracture and she'll be back on Monday with a brightly coloured plaster cast. We call it a stookie in Scotland!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks