Sunday 23 February 2020

Flooded Allotment


I got an email last night detailing the upcoming AGM for the allotment association.  The last line simply said the allotments are currently flooded.  So I went down this morning just to have a wee look.  Pretty much the whole site had been flooded.  It was a mucky mess not even the sunshine could brighten it up.

Once I'd tidied up a wee bit I walked round the site and saw that loads of plot holders will need to start again.  Fences were down, sheds flooded and lots of raised beds were simply in pieces. It was really quite sad. 😧

Going forward I'll need to consider what I should do if the weather is stormy and the river is threatening to burst it's banks.  One thing to ask at the AGM next month.

4 comments:

  1. That's so sad. ALl that work . . .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily none of my beds, supports or nets were damaged. Maybe because they were new?? The plants may or may not survive. If they do it's a bonus.

      I'm hoping the more experienced plot holders were prepared for the flooding. I know I will be more prepared in the future xxx

      Delete
  2. What a shame. Hope it doesn't take too long to dry out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be a while yet as it's STILL raining/sleeting/snowing here and the forecast is more of the same *sighs* xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks