Saturday 4 February 2023

Impending doom!

 

There is a definite air of impending doom hanging over the school.  HMIE is due to arrive on Monday at 12 noon.  The Headteacher has kept the school open until 9pm each night for people to work.  And it will be open tomorrow (Sunday) too.  I genuinely have no idea what they're doing!!!  One of my closest work friends told me she'd worked 75 hours the previous week.  We only get paid for 35 hours!!! What on earth was she doing for those other 40 hours????  It's just crazy.

I popped into Waitrose on Tuesday night after dropping my son off at work.  It had been a very wet day and was still raining heavily at 6pm.  Always good conditions for yellow stickers!  I picked up salmon fillets, cooked sausages, GF rolls, chorizo, samosas, coleslaw and rice cakes.  Everything was at least half price or less!  I seriously considered buying a huge catering size haggis than was half price and well within date.  I would have portioned it up and frozen it. They had loads of them so I might pop back in to see if they have any left.  I also bought some daffodils on impulse.  They've opened out after a few days and are just a welcome splash of colour in these dreich days! 


I also popped in to Lidl on my way home on Thursday as I needed to buy popcorn for school (don't ask! 😂)  They had some fab reductions for just 70p!!  Think I timed it well 😊

I just have this week to 'survive' plus 2 staff development days then it's half term.  I suspect it will include a lot of sleeping!! 😴

17 comments:

  1. Great buys. I hope it goes well for you and the school with the HMIE. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you with that school inspection - may it fly by and soon be just an unpleasant memory!
    Great foodie bargains
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, can't wait until it's over xxx

      Delete
  3. I am now hearing the Mastermind music in my head, fittingly called Approaching Menace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all goes well and you survive until half term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, just 4 and a half teaching days left! xxx

      Delete
  5. Hang in there. I`m sure everything will go swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great buys. I am envious of your yellow sticker items.

    Hope all goes well with the inspection. Keeping my fingers crossed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow stickers can be really hit or miss! But that's part of the fun :-) I'm not too worried about the inspection, I've managed to do well in 2 previous ones xxx

      Delete
  7. It's just ridiculous that the school administration appears to be expecting staff to work beyond their contracted hours! When will employers realize that this is unreasonable, should be illegal and that paid hours equals hours worked? Wishing you luck with the inspection, and roll on half term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! To be fair I think it's teachers putting pressure on themselves although management aren't helping by asking for extra stuff to be done. Plus this is all on top of 'normal' teaching at the same time!!! xxx

      Delete
  8. I've said that exact same phrase a few times this week!!! Our kids come to school for stability because they have none at home. And yet we're changing everything around to 'look' better!! I predict a few meltdowns from certain kiddos this week because of the changes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great food bargains-well done! The idea that someone would clock up 75 hours because of an inspection beggars belief! What’s the point in striking and then shooting yourself in the foot! Hope all goes well and you can chillax at half term! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! We're giving the government our wages back AND working for free as well! Crazy! Roll on Friday!!! xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks