Monday 5 June 2023

Noisy start to my week!

 

I was rudely woken this morning by my next door neighbour's workmen.  He's a good neighbour but he'd forgotten to tell me that he was getting his roof prepped for solar panels.  In other words, 6 guys all shouting at 8am to be heard over jet washers and a generator blasting gunk off the roof.  Now my driveway is full of said gunk and mucky water.  I managed to move my car out on to the road before it was covered too.  They've promised to clean up at the end of the day...

So I changed my plans for the morning and went to the allotment to water the polytunnel.  I took Emma with me as she was scared of the noise 🐶

The plot is starting to flourish.  I've got some gorgeous wild campion flowers hidden in the nettles but there are loads down the side of the rugby club too.

So pretty on a dull morning!

It's been very hot here over the weekend, around 22C so I've managed to potter in the back garden in bursts.  It's all finally coming together.  My DIL has now joined the ranks of saving sad plants and got 12 pot marigolds reduced to 88p!!  We potted them up and added some of them to the potting table display.  She also got 4 Asiatic lilies for £1 😂

I've tidied out my mini greenhouse by sorting all the trays and pots.  I've only got one shelf of seedlings now.

There are 3 types of pumpkins/winter squash, cucumbers and a couple of very slow glowing tomatoes.  I'll plant a few more peas and things so I have a successions of veggies.

I'm glad I planted this rose at the allotment.  I've been looking at my garden and thinking about which plants I'll want to take with me when I move.  Obviously I won't strip the garden but I've spent a lot of effort in getting the plants to this stage so I'll take bits of things and pot them up in the Autumn.  I'm hoping to buy a wee cottage/bungalow with a garden but I'll put more flowers on the plot any way as it helps with the biodiversity 🐝🐞🐜🐛

P.S.  Thanks for all the lovely comments on my last post about my hair! 😊

14 comments:

  1. Apologies it seems I've missed the fact you are planning to move.....
    The campion are so pretty this year, in Oxfordshire where I was born country folk called them ' titty bottles' - not sure why !!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Fab name!
      Yes, as part of my retirement plan I want to downsize to cut my costs. I thought I'd mentioned it somewhere, maybe not. The 'plan' has changed so much in the last few years I've probably not expressed myself clearly :-)

      Delete
  2. I think a lot of weeds are just as pretty as cultivated flowers. That's my excuse anyway, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A weed is just a flower in the wrong place! So many of them are pretty and delicate. I try to leave as many as I can in place :-)

      Delete
  3. Are you hoping to move somewhere still near your allotment? What will your son and daughter in law do when you move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to stay local so I can still keep my allotment. I'll do a post explaining the current plan for everyone :-)

      Delete
  4. Your plants are lovely and the wild flowers are gorgeous.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place for an allotment. Good luck with the moving plans. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fab place with views to the Ochils and the Wallace Monument. In the other direction you can see Stirling Castle :-)

      Delete
  6. I’m over the heat now-flaming June has certainly blessed Scotland this year. Good for betting my steps done as I use the watering can for each of my new plants in an effort to stop them wilting before they are rooted. Sadly, the weeds grow with no help at all from me! Hope the workmen cleared up the mess. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the weeds seem to flourish no matter the weather and with no input from humans!! Thankfully the workmen did clean up the mess :-)

      Delete
  7. The Campion looks so pretty, wildflowers have a magic all of their own don't they. I sometimes wonder if superstores let their plants dry out on purpose in the hope that we will 'rescue' them. But I usually do anyway.

    It's a good idea to have a look around your garden and move some of your favourite plants gradually to the allotment or into pots so that for any viewings they don't look like permanent garden plants. It's nice not to have to rush these things nearer the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's my plan. The house will be on the market in Spring so I'll put in loads of daffodils and tulips etc so there's colour in the garden for the photos :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks