Wednesday 8 November 2023

Finally some DIY!

 

I'm finally getting some DIY jobs done.  When I painted the kitchen I left out the splashback behind the gas hob, planning to tile it with some black mosaic tiles I've had for years.  I even bought black grout as black-on-black is rather trendy.  But it's too time consuming in my current circumstances so I'm just painting it and putting the heatproof glass splashback back up.  I'll keep the black tiles and grout for my next house.


The plaster was still bare so I did 2 coats of white this morning and then will probably do 2 or 3 coats of my Heart Wood colour.  I love this colour but it's a real pain to do decent cutting in around the cream units.  It's all a bit messy and I'll need to spend a lot of time neatening it all up.

Edited to add finished photo:


It's not great as the wall isn't flat making the screws stick out but it's done.  Just don't look too closely! 


Meanwhile Luna is becoming less clingy and will happily play or sleep in another room by herself for short periods.  I'll do as many wee jobs as I can while she does that and wait until her next puppy day care day to tackle some wallpapering!!  💪

8 comments:

  1. Love the colour-makes me think of hot chocolate. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a difficult colour to photograph. Sort of dusky pink with brown tones. It's really nice :-)

      Delete
  2. Well done! I remember back when Betty was a puppy, it was so hard to get anything done as she needed watching all the time, and husband hadn't retired from work then. I had to wait until she fell into an exhausted sleep before I could do any housework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Luna needs a lot of watching as she can find mischief in a paper bag!! But I do get snatches of peace to get wee jobs done! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hey that is the colour I painted my dining room and living room.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour isn't it? I'll definitely use it again in my next house! :-)

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely, another job to tick off that list towards the house sale. You've helped me make up my mind for sure, no more puppies or kittens for us, they are far too time consuming. Our old ladies just sleep, sleep and eat ... then sleep again, so much easier to work around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's what Emma does. She's 12 next month!! As much as love my Luna she is very hard work and definitely my last dog (although I said that about Emma!!) :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks