Thursday 1 February 2024

It's all Greek!

 

My son got one of those themed snack boxes for his recent birthday.  They feature a different country each month and the one he got was all Greek products.  But he doesn't like nuts and my DIL is allergic so I get gifted anything nutty 🥜 And who doesn't love free food? 😊

I'm looking forward to my croissant and biscuits! 🥐🍪

These snacks look interesting!

Since I've just scoffed a couple of freshly made scones I'll need to wait until later to test the Greek snacks.  I don't have any jam at the moment so I had them with marmalade and whipped cream!!  I'm using up what I've got and they were good 😋 Marmalade is just citrus jam although it's a wee bit tangy! 😂

10 comments:

  1. I need to make some scones very soon. Free food is always a welcome addition to the pantry.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making scones more regularly now but they still look ugly!! Taste good though :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. We had sponge pudding with marmalade in the bottom of the dish a couple of days ago lovely, frequently have marmalade on scones. Enjoy yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loads of home made lemon marmalade that I'm using pretty much like jam. I like the sponge pudding idea :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Free nutty snacks sounds like the perfect arrangement, and yes, marmalade and jam are pretty interchangeable aren't they. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tasted all the snacks now and have to say they were just so-so. I think my tastebuds for processed foods has changed. Which is a good thing! :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. Lovely scones-my favourite treat. We use jam/marmalade on anything because as you say it’s just tangy jam! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a ton of lemon marmalade to use up in the cupboard so just as well I can use it like jam! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. I use up the last of the marmalade in a Bara brith, replacing some of the sugar. I am using up some orange and apple peel jelly which would not set.
    Imperfect looking scones are “artisan” and bakeries would charge extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! They're very artisan!! But they taste good :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks