Friday 26 July 2024

Rhubarb and coconut custard

 

Today's main meal was 2 of the free lamb burgers and half a pack of the Mediterranean veg.  I just chucked it all on a baking sheet and cooked it in the oven.  Oh my goodness, so much fat/liquid came out of the burgers!!  I had to mop it up a few times with kitchen paper.  They were nice but nothing special and not worth the £5 price tag!  Good job they were free!!  I still have 2 more in the freezer so will cook them separately next time.

I really fancied something sweet afterwards.  I didn't have any milk or enough milk powder to make custard so had a look in the storecupboard.  I used half a block of creamed coconut and 400ml of hot water to make coconut milk as per the instructions on the pack.  Then I made custard in the usual way and served it with the last of the rhubarb from the freezer.  It was really good.  I'll def do that again.  I was rather pleased with myself at my ingenuity! 😂😂

A very rare moment with Luna sleeping!!  She's more or less behaving like she hasn't had surgery.  She keeps trying to do zoomies in the living room and the garden 😱  She's wearing her harness all day now as she can slip her collar (and cone) no matter how tight I make it!  She knows when I'm trying catch her to hold her to calm her down and grabbing the harness makes it easier.  She's absolutely furious at being kept calm!!!  She's finished the painkillers but is still on the sedatives.  Frankly they're not that effective...

...except within the first hour!!  She fell asleep mid bite! 🙄🤣

16 comments:

  1. I suppose Luna is still very young so hopefully she may calm down as she gets older. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she will eventually, I'll settle for some obedience in unsafe places for now!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Now I fancy rhubarb and custard! Poor Luna, I hope she's back to her normal self soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 more days then back to some sort of normal which will include daycare! HOORAY!!!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Your rhubarb and custard looks heavenly. Luna is such a cutie, but I can just imagine how hard it is to calm her down.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicous and hit the spot! It's the zoomies that's the issue just now as she is so reckless!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love reading about Luna. She certainly keeps you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all coconutty things, the custard sounds nice.
    Poor Luna, our Jas was just the same post spay, she couldn't understand why she had to rest all the time !
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure Luna has doggy ADHD. I've had to have her harness and lead on in the house to stop the sudden outbursts of energy!! She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort/pain but I can't risk bursting those stitches! :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. That was a good idea for the custard, I bet it was delicious. Haha ... I think your dog has ADHD, brilliant last photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend half the time laughing at her and the other half frustrated!!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  7. My younger cat has a restless, reckless streak, and was up on top of the kitchen units the day after she was spayed two yrs ago!
    The legals finally concluded and I've been in the house for three weeks, the first minus furniture which came north the next week. So far so good, especially now that the cats have settled in - I collected them last weekend. We're all so happy to be together again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's brilliant news!! I hope you'll be very happy in your new house and don't find too many issues to fix!! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks