Tuesday 24 September 2024

Letting go


Last week when I was at the plot I pulled up 4 of the raised beds and brought them home.  These are the B&Q ones.  Even if I was keeping the plot I knew I didn't want to do raised beds any more.  The weather had been unseasonably warm so I let them dry out a bit and then yesterday moved them around to see if it would be possible to put some in my wee front garden.

The view from above!!

I think I still have at least 3 or maybe 4 salvageable beds that I could put along the fence and into the corner, making a U shape.  Plus all the containers/pots in the pic.  I could grow a lot of herbs and botanicals plus it's South facing so lovely and sunny all day!! 🌞

I put these 2 in the back garden against the decking, just to see if they looked ok.  I think they will work!  Maybe beans/sweet peas that could climb up the railings?  I could throw netting over them to stop Miss Luna jumping in them!!  The back garden doesn't get as much sun but I did observe the sun's movement throughout the Summer and this bit does get a lot of light during the day and catches the late afternoon/evening sun.

Of course I had help!!🙄🤣

Thanks for all the comments on yesterday's post.  They helped me finally decide I'm letting the allotment go and will create something in my own gardens instead.  I also have a Community Garden within walking distance of the house where I could rent a large raised bed if I need more space in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Jan in Castle Gresley24 September 2024 at 15:31

    Looks great, am sure given time you will rearrange the beds to suit your planting requirements. A very informed and wise decision to work it all from home, keep us up to speed on progress and good luck. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. H Ali, it sounds like a very good compromise - extra space in the Community Garden if you need it. The front looks very nice already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have made the correct decision - with the community garden within walking distance you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a nice feeling when you've made a decision and start planning the way forward isn't it. I don't think you'll regret giving the allotment up.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a good feeling to know that you have made a decision about the allotment. Retirement means you can enjoy spending time in your new home and garden in a way you have not been able to do for years. Put those Dobbie’s vouchers to good use and you’ll see the rewards every day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks