Wednesday 11 September 2024

Plants!

 

I popped out to Dobbies today to get ericaceous compost (to replant a blueberry bush into a bigger pot) and saw they were clearing out a ton of plants.  I saw these cute dwarf Sansevierias (Snake plant) in wee ceramic pots.  Reduced from £9.99 to £1.99!!! I got one for myself and one for my DIL who loves indoor plants.  They were definitely clearing space to put out new seasonal stuff.  If anyone is looking to get inexpensive gifts ahead of 🎄there were loads of different ones to suit all tastes.  Plus fancy plant pots and containers, propagators etc all half price or less.  Maybe check out any garden centres in your area if you don't have a Dobbies.  

I got £84.93 worth of plants for £15.23!!!  2 echinacea plants, a salvia, pansies and violas (they were each 39p a tray!!) to put in my front garden.  Although technically they were all free as I'm still using the amazing gift card my colleagues gave me when I retired! 

12 comments:

  1. What a brilliant haul-I was also given Donnie’s vouchers from the children when I retired. All the best plants in our garden have come from the sale trays. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a plant! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of plants for very little money! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed they had so many and not in need of much tlc as well! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! I was so happy with them all :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. It's definitely the time to buy reduced plants before all the Christmas displays begin. Hubby works at B & Q p/t and is always coming home with cheap plants. He says loads get dumped into the skip if they are not sold. Such a waste .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame they get dumped. I'd take them instead :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic bargains! I can't resist cheapy plants and I swear that they do better than the ones I pay full price for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too!! It's like they work harder to survive! :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Some brilliant bargains there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit it at the right time I think :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks