Wednesday 18 March 2015

Stovies...

...or how to start a riot!!  Just ask any Scottish person of a certain age 'How did your mum make stovies?'  There's loads of ways and your mum always made it the 'right' way!!!
 
Stovies is the classic Scottish leftovers dish.  Traditionally made with the leftover meat from Sunday lunch it's a mixture of meat, gravy, potatoes, onions and any other vegetables.  But it can also be made with sausages or mince.
 
 
I had some yellow stickered premium beef burgers in the freezer so they got roughly broken up and fried in a little oil with some chopped onions.

 
I added some peeled and chopped potatoes and a large chopped organic carrot (both yellow stickered of course!)

 
I had one sachet of GF onion gravy left from my last Approved Food order so that got added too with some water.  Simmer until the potatoes start to go mushy.

 
And here is the finished stovies.  Not the prettiest culinary dish but bloody tasty and frugal as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks