Thursday 11 May 2017

Feels like summer


I love May! Traditionally we get better weather here in May and June than the summer months.  We can still get the occasional frost so planting out is still a bit risky.  All I've been doing so far is prepping the raised beds at the front and the polytunnel.


I took everything out and gave it all a good sort out and clean.  I bought these greenhouse gro beds
really cheaply (£11.99) instead of the wooden raised beds I planned (about £100).  They hold a lot of soil/compost so I'm impressed so far.  I'm going to put my tomatoes in them.  In fact, I'm going to order another set for the other side of the polytunnel!

Work is awful so I'm not going to say anything except 7 more weeks to go!  A new app has been launched to help teachers track their work/life balance .


Here's last week's record. Monday was a Bank holiday! I made an effort to not do any work last weekend as it was The Teenager's 19th birthday.  He came home for the weekend so I left early on Friday and then did no work at all for the first time in ages!


Unbelievably he's just finished his first year at uni!!  Just exam results to get and then hopefully into second year in September.  Time is flying by so quickly!!  The above cartoon made him laugh (he's studying radiography!!)

10 comments:

  1. It is wonderful you were able to enjoy the weekend with your son. I hope his second year goes smoothly and that you'll enjoy the shorter growing season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he's done really well on his course so the exams shouldn't be a problem. I'm hugely proud of him :-)

      Delete
  2. The end of the year is always hard for us teachers isn't it? I only have a few weeks left but there seems to be a million things to do in that short amount of time. I feel your pain...thoughts of summer from a fellow teacher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much to do and so little time. Kids and teachers are just hanging on!!!

      Delete
  3. Those grow bags look great - have ordered two sets for my wee tunnel at home - should make it easier for me, so thanks for the link :) Always nice to catch up with you and your news :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're welcome. I'm a big convert to raised beds and these greenhouse gro bags are good cheap sub. I'm planning to add even more wooden ones to my front and back gardens :-)

      Delete
    2. That was me, Sarah, logging in with the rural account by mistake lol x

      Delete
    3. I guessed when I clicked on the link! :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. I used to work in a school office and everyone was desperate for the holidays the nearer they got! My hubby built me a raised bed for outside last week using some decking he had spare. Raised beds are brilliant aren't they! So are handy husbands lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my OH is very handy. Sadly it's lack of time that stops him doing more but once we're retired we have HUGE plans ;-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks