Saturday 24 June 2017

RIP Ginger Snap


Sadly this week I lost another chicken.  My wee feisty Ginger Snap 😢 She seemed to be doing ok but as I put her back into the coop one night she was moving very slowly.  The next morning when I got up I just had a sinking feeling.  As I was going outside I found myself saying 'Please don't be dead.' But sadly I found her curled up inside. 

Having to sort that out before going to work made me run late.  No idea how I managed this but I was rushing out the door and somehow completely missed the TWO steps down to the path and fell.  I sat for 5 mins before I could move.  It was my class trip to visit Stirling Castle so I couldn't be off work.  Yep, I went on the trip.  To be fair to management I was told I didn't have to go but I couldn't not go.  The first aider strapped it up and I took a couple of painkillers.


Walking on it all day was agony.  This is what it looked like at the end of the day.  You can see the bruise starting to work it's way up!! Pretty sure it's 'just' torn ligaments.  As I fell on my derriere I also have a bruised coccyx, making both sitting and standing painful.  I took the next day off work and completely rested it. 

It's still very sore but I'm mobile.  Luckily there's just one more week of school left then I'm on holiday for the summer.  We go away in the campervan straightaway.  Not ideal for an active holiday in Cornwall.  I'm a numpty!


A few weeks ago it was my Lovely Mum's 70th birthday.  We had a family BBQ in her gorgeous garden and the weather was kind.  Here's me and OH with The Teenager and his lovely GF 💖

12 comments:

  1. So easy to fall, and I would have done the same as you not to let anyone down, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, definitely improving each day but think it'll be a bit slow to heal as I need to walk about in my job

      Delete
  2. Sorry for your accident. I hope you'll ice that and keep it elevated when not walking and I hope you can enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm doing RICE as often as I can so hopefully it'll be ok on holiday

      Delete
  3. Good grief, I bet that was painful walking on it all day. Hope you can manage to rest it before your hols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was agony but the kids had a ball so worth it. I'm resting as much as I can, thanks

      Delete
  4. You need arnica for that foot. Its great for bruising, you can get liquid, but also tablets, I always have tablets in the house, they have saved me several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had none left!! But it's on my list to get restocked asap

      Delete
  5. I'm also sorry about Ginger Snap...Do you treat your chickens as members of the family? I don't live in a place where chickens are permitted so rarely see any but I do know some people who absolutely adore their chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was the friendliest one out of the 3. She wasn't happy being picked up but would eat corn out my hand. Penny Black (the last remaining one) is a bit of a mean bully

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the chicken and the fall you had. Hope you heal soon so it won't be hard to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm very impatient for it to heal!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks