Sunday 20 August 2017

Back to work prep

Spicy seafood pasta

I go back to work tomorrow, it's been a quick summer!!  But I'm ready and looking forward to the challenge of a smaller class with fewer behaviour issues.  Last week I tried to plan ahead and get myself organised to hit the ground running.  I've been trying out a few new healthy recipes as I need to get back on the weight loss.


Baked tofu with rice noodles and veggies

Thanks to my ankle injury I've not been exercising as much and eating/snacking more cos I've been on holiday.  It's much improved so I can increase my exercise levels again.


Sugar free jelly and fruit 

So I'm starting back on the WeightWatchers plan tomorrow *sighs* I've counted out 20 weeks until the Christmas holiday and have a target of 10kg (22lbs or 1 and 1/2 stone) *double sigh*  I've been batch cooking and have filled my freezer with meals with the SmartPoints (SP) calculated.  I've worked out that I fall down on not having a plan so have spent time on making a plan.


I made a batch of curry paste so I can whip up a quick healthy curry with chicken and veggies.  Ideas for using the paste can be found on my old blog HERE.  Each of these portions is 1 SP.


I bought some WeightWatchers grated cheese (I've been trying very small amounts of cheddar and haven't had a reaction) and portioned it into 1 SP amounts.  I can add it to flavour pasta, warps or potatoes


I made a healthy lasagne with turkey mince, tons of veg and GF pasta with this white sauce and divided it into 4 portions. I made a fajita mix of chicken and veggies ready to add to wraps.  I made soup and a portion of chicken and rice to stir fry.  All frozen, labelled and SP counted.


I made a batch of pancakes for snacks/breakfasts 😋 


I bought a box of miso soup sachets.  Low in calories/SP but high in protein so perfect for break time or after school meetings to keep me from snacking.


I've written out my meals and snacks for the week along with my exercise plan (click to enlarge).  I'm hoping this will motivate me to stay on track!!


In other news work on installing my woodburner starts this week 😁 In preparation I've cleared my living room and saved the wooden mantlepiece from the fireplace (to re use elsewhere!)  I'm really excited as I've saved and waited for nearly 4 years to decorate my living room.  I'm aiming to be finished for Christmas.  This includes painting, making curtains (you can see the fabric in the white sauce link!!) fitting a new carpet and repurposing some furniture.  I'm going to be busy!

7 comments:

  1. The food all sounds and looks delicious and serves as a reminder to me to kick start my healthy eating (again!). I have had very little time to exercise during the summer break and my waistline seems to be paying the price.
    Exciting news about the woodburner. Your room is going to look lovely and worth all the time and effort. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of my waistline issues are definitely age and hormone related *rolls eyes* so I need to actively take more care of myself. I want to be fit and healthy well into old age.

      Really can't wait to get all the work done as I've lived with someone else's tired decor for 4 years :-)

      Delete
  2. loving the meal prep! Gret way to save money.

    I hope the stove goes in well. We have added one to each of our houses and I have chosen one for the next already! Such a lovely thing to have. I bet it is going to look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phase 1 completed today! Old fireplace removed and new opening created. It made a huge mess!!!

      Delete
  3. I hope your first week back at work is a good one. I'm going to bookmark that curry paste recipe - I didn't even know you could do that lol. I learn a lot on this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're going to try the paste, it's worth the effort and it can be used in lots of ways :-)

      Delete
  4. I didn't even know you could do that lol. I learn a lot on this blog!!


    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks