Sunday 13 August 2017

Courgette, chestnut and stuffing bake


Tonight's meal was a use it up affair.  I'm trying to cut down on my consumption of meat so I've been looking at veggie alternatives.  I had a packet of GF stuffing mix that my lovely mum picked up in Morrisons.


Packet stuffing can be dry so I had a look in the store cupboard and fridge to see what I could add and came up with chestnuts for protein and courgette to add moisture.


I got these reduced chestnuts in Dobbies food hall a wee while ago. I chopped them roughly and added them with grated courgette to the stuffing mix.  I gave it all a good mix and threw it in the oven for half an hour.


It was crispy on the surface and moist in the middle.  I had it with my bargain beans and potatoes from the garden.  It was delicious!


Here's Emma my daft lab at the end of a long walk!! 💓

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't have nuts so wondering if green lentils or beans could be used instead? Looks delicious and it makes a nice change in this miserable weather. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, green lentils sound nice. I'll try that next time!

      Delete
  3. This looks delicious! I will have to search the local villages and see if I can get hold of some chestnuts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth seeking a source. Worth planting on your property?

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious and it makes a nice change in this miserable weather. Catriona


    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks