Saturday 14 October 2017

London baby!

 

OH, The Teenogre and I had a short 3 night break in London.  We packed so much in that I'm exhausted!  We did some of the well known tourist stuff and some less known.


We visited The British Boot Company in Camden because OH needed a new pair of black DMs.  He bought me a pair too!! Lovely purple ones as an early Christmas present.  These iconic British boots are made in England (although you can buy a cheaper version made in China) and cost a lot more than the ones on their website!!  It's a family company started by the current owner's grandfather and is a treasure trove of proper shoes and boots.  I love that we supported a small business with a traditional product made in England. And they should last at least 10 years if looked after properly!


We went on The London Eye 


The view at the top 


We went to London Zoo. The lions were sound asleep.  The tigers were sound asleep.


I wanted to see a show.  The boys don't like musicals (boo!) so we compromised on The Mousetrap. It was brilliant!


We travelled to Greenwich and visited The Cutty Sark, went to The Royal Observatory and National Maritime museums.

We also did the V&A museum, Natural History Museum and popped into Harrods as we were in the neighbourhood.

Some museums are free but most of the big attractions cost an arm and a leg!  And eating out is costly too for 3 adults.  Breakfast was included in our room rate (we stayed at a Hilton as I get a Friends and Family rate) so we ate a hearty breakfast, had a light snack for lunch and then ate out for our evening meal.

As lovely as it is to spend time with OH away from our daily normal routine, it is good to get back home.  OH spent the afternoon sanding the walls (again!!) in my living room and adding new skirting boards.  Hopefully I'll get more paint on it all tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found your blog and am enjoying following along. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip. I love Agatha Christie and would love to see The Mousetrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in! I can recommend The Mousetrap, really was fab :-)

      Delete
  3. I adore your boots! Lovely pressie and in time for the winter too. We're still decorating too but my upcycled mirror is on the wall even if there's still no carpet. Are you off for two weeks? Good luck with next tem whenever it starts-a long term I always felt. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly just 1 week. This term is a 10 week one but I have wee ones so they'll be involved in the Nativity. I'll be singing Christmas songs by the end of the week as you have to start early enough to get the kids to remember them!!!!

      Delete
    2. When I became a HT, after suffering christmas practices from October onwards, I made the radical suggestion that we did not mention the C word til December 1st. We then did the practices etc in a blitz and it worked well and continued it for the next 10 Decembers until I retired. Most teachers are exhausted and hardly fit for their own festive activities by then. Catriona

      Delete
    3. Totally agree! But that's not this school's practice so we're starting early *sighs*

      Delete
  4. I like your site and content. thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks