Wednesday 11 April 2018

Quitting is not an option


I am so tired.  If I wasn't on holiday I wonder if I would even manage to go to work.  This nasty cold has floored me almost as much as the flu did.  And on top of that my knee is still very painful.  I can't walk the dog far, can't go down stairs, can't do the garden, can't stand for too long etc But I have to keep going as I have too much to do.  Luckily my physio appt is tomorrow morning so fingers crossed I'll get some exercises to get me fully mobile again!

I'm resting as much as I can then doing the essential stuff in between rests.  I'm saying no to social things (even cancelled a rare date night with OH) and not initiating anything myself.  I'm still on my 90 day plan so I'm eating well and doing modified HIIT workouts when I can.  I've already lost 9 inches, most of that from my hips and waist!


Chicken and kale soup, blueberry muffins and Thai green curry with prawns 

 Pea risotto , crispy beef wrap and almond and honey pancakes


But my favourite meal so far has to be the breakfast pizza! 😋

I love cooking and am so pleased I'm still motivated to cook even if I'm feeling crap.  Unfortunately the cost of food on Cycle 1 on this plan made my March supermarket spending double!!  So far this month on Cycle 2 it is nearly back to normal as I have lots of the new stuff in cupboard already.  But it was interesting to note the huge jump in my spending due to trying to eat more healthily (see Mad March on my sidebar!) This is something I'll be investigating a bit more the further I go into the plan.

In other news eldest DS moved into the flat yesterday with help from my lovely mum and aunt.  DS and I can clash easily when we're both tired so having them as a buffer worked really well.  There's still a lot of cleaning and sorting of broken furniture to deal with in his old flat but we have until the end of the month to deal with that.

Sorry I've not got much interesting news to share.  As I'm getting older I'm appreciating good health even more and am willing to focus on just that when I'm under the weather.  Hopefully normal service will resumed soon.

Stay well wherever you are!

12 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry things are so rough for you but congratulations on the weight loss.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, slow n steady seems to be working :-)

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've hit a bad patch. I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm doing all the right things so hopefully I'll be on the mend soon :-)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you are still below par in the break. My daughter was at the osteopath today to have her shoulder freed which is mainly caused by tension. Try and have some time to yourself and well done on sticking to the food plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! Hope her shoulder is on the mend. Being really selfish and taking time for myself :-)

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear is being spoilt by health issues. As the knee injury is work related maybe you can take some paid sick leave. The dishes you have been preparing look delicious. Congrats on all those inches lost!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the mend but haven't achieved much this holiday. Really pleased that I've been disciplined enough to stick to the plan even when I'm not 100%

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough. I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the weight loss. That breakfast pizza looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, def on the mend now! The pizza was delicious and so easy to make. Food like this makes it easy to stick to the plan :-)

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been so under the weather - personally I blame the weather! I've been feeling a bit under par myself, taking a lot of afternoon naps etc and no motivation to do anything. Nothing particularly wrong, just a bit down and out and I think it's the weathers fault! We all need some heat and some sunshine now. I'm fed up walking the dog dressed like an eskimo! Of course, the weather is to get warmer next week - once you and all the children get back to work/school! But maybe that will help, even if you can't enjoy it much! Well done on the weight loss, you're a better woman than me, I'd have been into the crisps and ice cream by now!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about this weather! I think I'm suffering a bit with SAD on top of cold/flu effects. I wanted to go to Australia for the Easter holiday but OH's son is about to sit his Highers. We thought it better to wait until the summer. But I think some sunshine would have helped a lot!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks