Monday 30 July 2018

Day 1: Cook, Clean, Clear and Create


For the next 2 weeks I'm challenging myself to do these 4 things every day.  I'm going to cook something for the freezer. I'm going to deep clean something that isn't part of my normal weekly cleaning routines.  I'm going to clear a cupboard/drawer/box and declutter.  And I'm going to create something from the crafty resources I already have so no cost is involved.


So I started by cooking 1kg of steak mince and made 4 portions of meatballs and 4 portions of bolagnais sauce for the freezer.

I cleaned all the kitchen cabinet doors and kickboards.  Goodness knows what DS cooked when he once here but he's definitely inherited my messy cook genes!!


I cleared these 2 boxes of plastic ware and matched lids to boxes. A few lidless boxes will be used for a clearing project tomorrow.  I now have a single clean box containing 6 soup mugs and a few small containers.  Everything else is gone.


I took this damaged canvas painting and added bits to it to create a usable picture to hang in my family room. 

I've also (finally!) updated My upcycled home blog and added this project to it.  Have a look HERE 

I really need to get cracking on all the unfinished projects in this house and get some new ones started.  This wee challenge will give me the kick I needed!! 

6 comments:

  1. I admire your energy! I start out thinking I'll do this and do that and get half way through and run out of steam and enthusiasm.I keep thinking of all the stuff I need to do around here and then don't actually do anything about it. I'm retired too so its not like I don't have the time. Perhaps thats the problem, I have too much time so I always think I'll do it tomorrow. I certainly always did my best work when I had a deadline so maybe I need to give myself a deadline - its not got quite the same effect when you give it to yourself though has it! Well done though, the meatballs and sauce look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think I've got lots of time when I'm on holiday but then I run out. Each of these things doesn't actually take up much time but if I say I'm going deep clean the whole kitchen I lose interest part way through the job and it never gets finished. So lots of small tasks feels easier.

      Bolagnais was very nice!

      Delete
  2. Good productive day and I like your 4Cs. Could you add a fifth? Chill is also needed and that will be your Pilates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that idea! Chilling now watching The Crown on Netflix while knitting :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks