Saturday 11 August 2018

Last day: Cook, Clean, Clear and Create


Yesterday was the final day of my wee challenge as it was the last full week of my summer holiday.  I go back to school next Friday (17th) so next week will be all about getting organised for work.  I'll be popping into school as it will be open for the cleaners to go in and finish the 'deep clean.'  Our school has 3 cleaners who are all fabulous but just a few years ago there were 7.  So these lovely ladies have a lot to do in the time.

I did try to create some more of the crumb/scrappy squares but my sewing machine broke.  It's due a service any way but it has stopped play for now.

There was no cook, clean or clear yesterday as OH and I took a day off to go to the Edinburgh Festival for some Fringe shows. We do this every year and it's a fab day out.  We saw the play Brexit featuring some well known comedians (I loved it but OH wasn't as keen) and 2 stand up comedians Jo Caulfield and Mark Steel (both good but not as funny as I'd hoped).  As usual there were lots of free street performances (some good, some ok) and plenty of fab food and drink choices.  We took snacks and water with us but did indulge in some fish and chips!  It was very very busy!!  I thoroughly enjoyed the day but I'm done with people/crowds/cities/public transport for a good few months now!


Every morning when I let Emma out for the first pee of the day, Penny has been waiting for me on the doorstep.  She knows I'm going to feed her and shouts loudly at me to hurry up!!  One of these days she's going to come into the house if I leave the door open long enough.  🐔

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy what you can of this last part week. Do you take your machine to Pembertons? It’s a trail for me but sadly there is no one in this area can service my machine. We hoping to moho in Northumbria next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's Pembertons. When I packed my machine away I found the receipt from the last service in the bag. It's been 3 years and it cost me £89 then

      Delete
  2. I think the greys there are my favourite so far :) Hope you had a great summer - I think you did though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll put it in the middle of my 9 squares, it's more subtle than the other ones so far.

      I've had an amazing summer :-)

      Delete
  3. I've had a sewing machine most of my adult life and never once has it occured to me to service it! I don't think its ever broken either which I now realise has been incredibly lucky!! You certainly got lots done this summer, good luck for a good class this coming year. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teacher handing them on to me said they're a 'dream class.' We'll see...

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the last week before you get into the organized work. Lovely to know that she is waiting for you instead coming inside the house:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She's funny wee thing as she always rushes to greet me but then runs away if I try to pet her. She doesn't like being handled at all!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks