Sunday 24 March 2019

53


It was my birthday on Friday.  I'm 53.  I don't feel 53 and I don't think I look 53 (or maybe I do to other people!)  Although the kids in my class believed me when I said I was 28!! 😆 OH treated me to a cinema trip on Friday night to see Fisherman's Friends.  Fab wee film!  Last night I had a Mexican night with my eldest son, 2 of his friends, youngest son and his girlfriend, OH and The Teenogre.  It was a fun evening.  We had fajitas and I put all the fixings in the middle of the table and everyone made their own.  My head's a wee bit sore this morning!  But I've enjoyed my birthday weekend so far.


I took this pic on my birthday. I quite like it (rare!!)  It's what I think I look like to other people, if that makes sense.  I share a birthday with a colleague.  She was 55 and looks about 45.  She is retiring on Friday after 34 years of continuous service and I'm soooooo jealous (teachers can claim their teacher pensions at 55 here)  She's never had a break (not having kids of her own) so her retirement is well deserved.  When she leaves I'm the longest serving teacher on staff 😮


The weather here can't make up it's mind.  One night this week was still 13 degrees C at 9pm and then we had frost another morning.  It's been stormy, windy, rainy and brilliant sunshine.  Sometimes all in the same day!  No matter the weather the girls love their bowl of porridge n the morning.  Sometimes MarmaLady actually gets into the bowl and fluffs out her feathers to stop the others getting any!!

Just one more week of school then it's a 2 week break.  Cannot wait!!

8 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday. I just love your hair - I used to have purple hair too a few years ago. I got fed up with the colour fading to a very unattractive greyish lilac though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I quite like it when it fades so it doesn't bother me :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you are still a Spring chicken. I had to work until 65 (time off for raising kids) but luckily I liked my job of teacher-librarian and it wasn't too stressful. I trained at Jordanhill back in the 60's. In your neck of the woods, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the first 2 years of my B Ed at Jordanhill!! Did the last 2 at Craigie in Ayr and yep there's a story there ;-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday! Fajitas are one of my favourit meals. Will you retire when you are 55? Over here we have to meet the '85 factor'. Must be 55 and your age and years of service must add up to 85 to get a full pension. I retired at 59, although I could have gone at 57. I think when you know when you are going to retire it helps. I have a girlfriend who is in the mode of saying-ine more January, one more February etc. It helps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure when I'll retire yet. It depends on when OH retires (he's 4 years older than me) and when we sell our houses to buy one together.

      I took a 'clean break' lump sum as part of my divorce settlement instead of half my ex's pension. So my house IS my pension fund as my teacher's pension will be small due to several breaks to have children and years of working part time.

      When I was married we had agreed to focus on his career as he had hugely more earning potential. That was a big mistake!!! Women should always be financially independent even in a happy marriage.

      Delete
  4. Like your hair. I'm going to go red today.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks