Monday 1 November 2021

No-vember


A few versions of this have popped up on my FB feed today.  I quite like it.  I'm getting better at saying no to things that drain me in some way but it's a work in progress.  I managed to speak to the Advanced Practitioner Nurse at my GP surgery today (it's practically impossible to get a Dr appt) and I'm now on antibiotics for a chest infection.  I've also been signed off work for another week.  Although she did say if I make a remarkable recovery I could go back earlier if I wanted.

I updated my Headteacher and Occupational Health but actually just said No I won't be back this week.  It felt good to know I've got time to fully recover 😊 I love my job but I need to be well to do it properly.

I popped down to the Pharmacy at Te$co to collect my prescription.  I had to wait for 10 mins so had a wee look at the magazines and the Homeware section.  I'm always on the lookout for the perfect mug (that's a long story) and found one costing only £2.50.


It's big, has a fine rim and is easily cleaned.  Looks perfect so I'll be testing it tonight!


I had 4 items so was rather shocked that my total came to £21!!!  I knew my Probiotic supplement was a tenner but the £5.99 was for the BBC Good Food's Vegetarian Christmas magazine!! It better have some amazing ideas!

It's been a while since I just browsed in a supermarket.  Obviously I need to practise saying no to myself when I pick things up!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you were naughty, Ali! Never mind, it does no harm (and may even be good) to treat yourself occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Classic mistake of not sticking to my list of the 1 item I actually needed!! Ah well, a one off won't hurt :-)

      Delete
  2. It's so tempting, isn't it, when browsing?
    I'm sure you will get considerable pleasure from that magazine, whether or not you actually make many of the recipes.

    Take care, recover well and good for you staying off all week. It's too easy to go back and find yourself unwell again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has lots of lovely ideas so will be useful long term. I thought I was doing well not buying crisps or chocolate!!

      Delete
  3. Magazines are often surprisingly expensive. Even the supermarket 'own brand' varieties. However that mug is 'most bargainous' and rather splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ridiculously expensive but I'll be able to take them into school for craft activities when I'm done with them!

      Delete
  4. Well done for saying no. Such an important word, and even more important to know and understand when it is essential.
    I hope you enjoy your magazines. The bill would have given me a start too.
    Does your library service offer e-magazines? I think most do. I read most of the main ones through Press Reader which is included with our library subscription. Most magazines will allow you to print pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about using the library for e-magazines. Will investigate further!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks