Tuesday 2 November 2021

The Perfect Mug

 


It's a bit daft but I truly believe that tea and coffee taste better from the 'right' mug.  Over the years I've had the perfect mugs for my brews but when my last perfect mug broke (as mugs inevitably do) I've spent the last year looking for it's replacement.  It has proved rather elusive and a wee bit expensive!

I regularly get given mugs as gifts from kids and colleagues.  I've bought a few from Etsy, trying to support small businesses.  But mostly they've been too small (capacity wise) or just too chunky.  I even bought a lovely Emma Bridgewater large teacup recently (it was a second) but it's too 'dribbly' and the wide mouth cools the liquid too quickly.


But my £2.50 mug from Te$co may be my current perfect mug.  It's big enough and not too chunky.  I've tried tea, hot juice and a herbal tea and it's all good.  When I'm feeling better and can stand the taste of coffee again it will face the ultimate test.

I have high hopes!!☕

15 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the perfect mug hunt. I bought a couple of mugs from Alex Clark as I firmly believe tea tastes better from porcelain however when they arrived they felt too chunky for my liking so I'm giving them away as Christmas presents to someone less picky than me about the standard of porcelain in their mug lol. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a porcelain mug but I find them too small, it feels like I'm drinking only half a cup!! I feel a tiny bit better today :-)

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. I like Very large and never straight sides! I try and spot some at boot sales each summer just in case one breaks in the winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no to straight sides!! I'm now thinking I should go and get more before they run out!

      Delete
  3. You are, ofcourse quite right, not daft. I don't like tall narrow mugs, and tea tastes much better from a cup or mug with a white inside. I have different mugs for different drinks - but wine tastes ok in any of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the perfect mug for my morning coffee (tall and narrow) and a different one (large with straight sides) for my evening tea. I also have a small cup for milk if I need a hot drink to help me get to sleep. Did you know that Horlicks is banned in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horlicks is banned??? Is it one of those weird laws about sugar or additives?

      Delete
    2. I just saw it at Walmart in with the UK imports.

      Delete
  5. I have 3 mugs I use in rotation. I used to have 4 but one broke.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's devastating when one breaks, isn't it? Lol!

      Delete
  6. I agree. There's no rhyme nor reason to it but some mugs work and some just don't.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to find out I'm not the only one who has a mug thing!!

      Delete
  7. I am very fussy about my mugs. I cannot stand tall, thin shaped ones, mine have to be short and squat! I have just changed to my Christmas mug which I found in Waitrose a few years ago. I shall be using that one until the end of January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! I forgot I had a Christmas mug, must be packed away somewhere :-)

      Delete
    2. I too have Christmas mugs! I like a porcelain mug too for tea. My HG isn’t that fussy. - he just needs to
      Be able
      To get a biscuit in to dunk!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks