Saturday 26 February 2022

A finished project for once!

 

I made a hexie from some of the leftover fabric from the quilt my lovely mum made for my bedroom.

I stitched it onto a large piece of the purple fabric.

I did a small running stitch round each hexie to stitch it on and make it look slightly 'hand quilted.'


I stapled the fabric to the removable cushion pad with my new staple gun.


And my bedroom chair is finished and good as new at last!


Edited to add this photo of my quilt 💜


And a close up

It was nice to do a project from start to finish in an afternoon as a lot of my craft projects are long term ones.  Most of the time clothes are covering this chair but it'll make me smile any way!

8 comments:

  1. A very good project for a chilly afternoon. Hope your snow is gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only lasted a day. It's still cold but no more snow

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful project to get finished. I love the hexies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through phases of making them and then don't make any for ages! It was an easy wee project that didn't need me to haul out my sewing machine

      Delete
  3. It's a great feeling to get a project completed isn't it. Looks fabulous. You'll probably think twice about covering it in clothes for a wee while anyway! lol. Hope you're beginning to feel better. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yep didn't put any clothes on it last night!! I'm still coughing up yucky stuff but I do feel I've turned the corner at last! xxx

      Delete
  4. How absolutely beautiful they both are. Stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a very talented mum! :-) The photos of the quilt don't do it justice at all. My wee project has nowhere near the talent that went into that quilt. But I'm happy to plod along, learning and making mistakes as I go xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks