Monday 28 February 2022

February Spending

 

If you've seen the footage of the brave and rightly furious woman in Ukraine telling a Russian soldier to put sunflower seeds in his pocket then you'll understand this message chalked on a NYC pavement. My thoughts are with the Ukrainian people and also the many Russian people who don't want this war either ๐ŸŒป

I'm now in my third week of absence from school.  I have 2 days' worth of antibiotics left.  I've been feeling rather queasy after taking them and actually threw up on Saturday.  I don't have an appetite so I try to eat when it's a meal time rather than when I feel hungry.  My cough is just irritating now, not so much yucky stuff left I hope.  I'm still a bit breathless but working on building up my stamina now.  I've also got a nearly completed craft project ๐Ÿงถ✂๐Ÿงต  I'm on a roll!

It's the last day of February (already!!) so time to look at what I've spent this month.  I'm noticing that writing everything down has really made me focus on what I spend my money on.  I've already mentioned the impulse spend in Te$co while waiting for my prescription ๐Ÿ™„ I bought floor tiles for my bathroom.  I put £10 into a retirement gift at school.  I had to replace my broken sock knitting needles.  I bought a paper sewing pattern (more on that another time.)  And I've found a subscription that I had cancelled but they've taken another payment.  I'm trying to sort that out.  Plus some food shopping too.

Total spend for February (excluding known house and car costs) was £319.53.

Savings account now has £1570.73.

That's 2 months of the challenge down, 46 to go! ๐Ÿ’ฐ

6 comments:

  1. I only record my own spending on craft, the garden, my clothes, I've been doing it for over 10 years, I love to see where my money is going, and look back to see where my spending did not work and therefore a waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, good idea! I'll wait a few months then analyse the areas where I'm spending. Then I can spot where I'm 'wasting' my money :-)

      Delete
  2. So sorry you are still feeling unwell. Please don't go back to work until you truly feel up to it. It is such a demanding job, especially if your cough is still bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping an open mind. It's a day at a time just now, I'm not planning on going back yet

      Delete
  3. Doing well with those savings.

    Take care and be kind to yourself while you're still feeling so rough. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I'm taking things slowly, I've learned the hard way!! xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks