Sunday 18 June 2023

Her Royal Highness!!

 

Oh my goodness, this chicken has had us all running round in circles.  There have been a few times we thought she was a goner.  And a few times I almost called the vet to put her to sleep.  But this morning she was very vocal when I went out and tried to peck me when I was giving her the medicine.  She drank a huge amount of water then started pecking around for food.  So I gave her some chopped up strawberries and blueberries and well, you can see the result!!

She's still unable to stand up but is shuffling around instead of just sitting with her head down.  Fingers crossed she keeps getting better!! 🤞🤞🤞 We've renamed her HRH Princess Tuppence 😂

I gave in and reinstalled the Too Good to Go app.  I got an M&S bag last night.  I paid £5 for the above items.  Lamb moussaka, cream slices, carrots, small fruit salad, large fruit salad and a sandwich.  Full price should have been £20.30 so not bad.  My DIL got a  bag as well and hers totalled £15.50 so I got the better deal this time.

I also got a wee viola Heartsease plant at Dobbies for 69p.  Tis very pretty!

10 comments:

  1. Tuppence is enjoying her food even if her legs are not working. Great haul from M and S-where do you go to collect it? Not long now til your retirement day and party-woohoo! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my M&S bag from the motorway services near me. If I'm organised I could get a Costa one at the same pick up time. A lady picking up the M&S one with us had 2 Costa bags and she showed us what was in them (OK I asked!!) It had sandwiches/toasties, cookies and pots of flavoured porridge that would be good for the storecupboard.
      Party is getting ever closer. The garden is done but my house needs tidying in case the weather is inclement!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see HRH picking up a bit. :-)

    That's a good M&S haul, have you tried the Olio app, it's pretty good in some areas but not in mine unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olio isn't great in my area as most of the food goes to the Community Food place. Once I'm retired I'll be using it more regularly I think plus I can help with the day shifts :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see HRH eating well, it can't be easy nursing a sick hen!
    That too good to go thing - great idea x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HRH seems to be back to normal except she can't walk yet. She shuffles along but is reluctant to stand. I've read it can take weeks even months to heal properly so I'll just have to wait and see :-)

      Delete
  4. Continued get well wishes for HRH Princess Tuppenece. Wishing her quick healing for her feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, still shuffling not walking so far :-)

      Delete
  5. So glad to read that Tuppence is coming around.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't expect her to survive. She's a feisty one! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks