Wednesday 12 July 2023

Home for a break

 

I'm back home for a few days.  I need a break from all the 'stuff' so I'm letting my sister step up a bit.  Mum is still in hospital although she got out very briefly.  Unfortunately she had to be blue lighted back to A&E and is still being investigated.  Thanks to all to the scans she's had we have a very clear picture of some other issues going on so she'll be in and out hospital for a wee while in the near future.  We are so lucky to have the NHS and I've seen first hand how stretched resources and staff are on a daily basis.  Although having to spend 23 hours on a trolley in corridor wasn't nice for mum.  Bed shortages are appalling!

As I had to leave the house quickly I left instructions for my DIL to deal with my drying/dried rose petals and applemint.  She did a great job.  I think I'm getting her rather hooked on growing and preserving! 😂

It was a dry sunny morning at 8am today so I was out early to pick some of my lavender.  I have a project in mind for it 😉 I discovered last week that my sister and niece can't stand the smell of it.  I love it and it has a lot of herbal properties!


The lemon basil I grew from seed is thriving.  I haven't decided how I'll use it yet but it smells delicious 😋 It likes the sunny window in the living room.

Another reason I came home was that I missed Emma!  She's well looked after by my son and DIL but she's missed me.  This was her face when I told her I've bought something very expensive for my retirement that she might like.  Although she might not... 😂😂😂

10 comments:

  1. A puppy perhaps? Glad you are at home for a few days and it’s good that your daughter in law has taken an interest in what you are doing. Sorry to hear that your Mum has been unwell and taken back to hospital. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor mum really has been through the ringer these past 2 weeks, hopefully she'll get home soon :-)

      Delete
  2. is it a puppy? x i hope your mum soon feels better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum is actually feeling ok but they just need to keep an eye on her for the time being :-)

      Delete
  3. Your poor mum, wishing her well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she's in good spirits despite everything :-)

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry your mum is not well at the moment. It is stressful, I know, not just for her but for all involved. I agree, despite all the issues, our NHS is wonderful and we are so fortunate. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's the rollercoaster of her being absolutely fine to go home and then being rushed back into hospital. Then we're back to square one again. Anyone who's looked after a sick parent knows what it's like but I am so grateful to the NHS despite it's issues xxx

      Delete
  5. Your poor Mum, she's really going through it at the moment. Twenty three hours on a trolley is bloody awful, the NHS is crashing for sure!!

    Well you've been asked a couple of times about if your retirement gift is a puppy and you've not answered ... and Emma's face is a picture!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum really is having a bit of a tough time but we're hopeful she'll be able to continue living independently at home for a while yet.

      You all know me too well re my retirement gift!!! LOL! ;-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks