Sunday 8 October 2023

Foul weather and bleach

 

I took this photo at half 6 so that tells you how long I've already been up this morning.  I need to wait another 2 hours for it to cool before I can cut it though!  The weather here is absolutely foul (lots of serious floods locally) and frankly it's matching my mood.  As Luna isn't fully vaccinated yet I have to avoid taking her places where there's 'lying water' and that includes puddles.  It's one gigantic puddle out there and I have a puppy who is full of energy!!!!  Thank crunchie she's discovered she loves tennis balls and playing fetch!

I still have to keep the girls apart in case they reinfect one another and they're doing ok with the arrangements.  Emma is a bit confused but she's got doggy dementia any way.  It's me who is stir crazy!!

I switched the heating on as it was just too cold and damp.  Luna has discovered that she can lean on the radiator to get warm.  She also likes to bark from this position to tell me she wants fed!!  She is hilarious and loopy in equal measure!

Unfortunately I need to go to Tesco today as I'm almost out of washing power and bleach.  I have to wash all the dogs' bedding and towels etc every day plus continually bleach the floors and other places where they sit/lie.  I think I've used more bleach in the last month than I've used in the last 10 years!!!  I'm going to treat myself to a jar of coffee but count the other things as part of  my monthly dogs' budget.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Ali, I hope life (the doggy problems) gets better for you quickly. How's your Mum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been researching giardia (a lot!) and it can take months to clear up as it hangs around on surfaces inside and out for months. The risk of reinfection is very high hence the copious volumes of bleach!!!! Mum is doing ok, she's at home which is what she wants more than anything and is getting daily support. Thanks for asking :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Take care out and about-I have never seen such heavy rain for such a long period as this weekend. Sorry the dogs are still needing such a lot of washing done but hopefully you can get Luna out very soon.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half of Stirling is flooded out today with more rain on the way!! Fingers crossed Luna gets her final jag on Tuesday :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. You've had some shocking weather, I know. I do hope it clears soon so you can get out and about.
    Mind you - better than going to work . . . :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been as bad as I can remember in the 10 years I've lived here. But yes, better than working!!! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks