Sunday 24 May 2015

Once upon a time..

 
... my back garden looked like this, the day I moved in.  I knew the first thing I'd do was remove those Leylandii trees at the back and erect a fence to make it dog proof (I just knew Emma would find the gaps!) But I never thought I'd make so many changes to it. Remember I dug out a veg patch? Well, the next stage is nearly complete!

 
A quick sketch by OH and quick question 'Something like this?'


Followed by digging out several tons of stones!
 
 
Digging out holes and trenches, inserting fence posts and then adding concrete

 
And this is how it looks this morning :-)
 
We've created a sloping roof down to the fence level (it goes from 180cm to 120cm) so it doesn't annoy my neighbour's view (she's a lovely elderly lady who wouldn't mind anyway). We've sunk planks down to old concrete trenches so nothing should get in or out! I've ordered my chicken wire so hopefully it will be completed next weekend. 
 
Next stage, buy chickens :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Chickens are brilliant! Can I suggest you join us over on the omlet forum, you don't need to own or buy any of their products to join and you get a lot of knowledge and handholding if and when required. There is no such thing as a stupid question over there!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks