Thursday 14 July 2016

Plugged back in


We returned from a soggy Ireland last night.  I woke up this morning to see a strange yellow object in the sky and it's remained there all day.  We did have a lovely time but I am glad to be home to see The Teenager and Emma. He'd managed to keep all the creatures alive and not kill anything in the polytunnel or raised beds!


After doing a couple of loads of washing I picked a few bits and pieces for snacking and made some courgette soup for my lunch.


The sun might have been out but I did enjoy my favourite summer soup!


I thinned out my white turnips from the front raised bed.  Boy are they nippy! They taste a bit like radishes at this size.

This is my wee pumpkin before I went on holiday, about the size of a ping pong ball. 


And now it's the size of a grapefruit!  It's the one vegetable I'm really excited about.  I have another wee one so hopefully it'll survive too :-)

My raspberries are just about ready so I'll check them tonight and maybe start picking.

Yep, it's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks