Sunday 25 March 2018

Making a start


Today was a nice Spring day so my lovely mum and I made a start in the back garden.  We took away the polytunnel frame and emptied all the Grobags into the space.  We didn't dig in all the compost, I wanted to leave it for Penny to scratch in.  And so far she's had a great time although she was a bit camera shy!  I have a plan for this wee patch of garden. 😉


The polytunnel frame is rather rusted so it wasn't easy to take apart.  I'll wait until the Easter holidays and get OH to help me break it up.  We moved it onto the patio and left the Grobags out to dry off.  I'm planning on getting a big skip over the holiday so it'll go in there along with the old carpets and internal doors that are lying in my garage! 


Mum planted up the 2 free Chandler blueberry bushes I got last year. We thought one of  mine had died as the leaves went brown and dropped off almost overnight.  Thompson and Morgan replaced it but actually sent 2 by mistake!  Then the 'dead' blueberry bush revived (!) so now I have 5! 


This photo popped up in my On This Day feed.  Six years ago OH surprised me with a birthday weekend in Skye.  It was a tad windy! But I love this photo as it's just before OH grew his beard and I still have dark hair!! 💓

6 comments:

  1. My blueberries are sending out tiny leaves too. I have two but would love five - lucky you! Maybe I will buy a couple more this year. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum got an offer last year on a set of 3 and bought some for me and my sister. They are 3 different varieties and fruit at slightly different times so in theory you should have blueberries from early Summer into Autumn. I got a few last year but I'm hoping for tons this year! xxx

      Delete
  2. It's so lovely to be out in the garden again. I have two blueberry bushes and thinking I need more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic to be outside :-) You should definitely get more blueberry bushes! xxx

      Delete
  3. I have a blueberry bush which I love, however there are also several pigeons who seem to hang around here all the time now and they are partial to blueberries too so its a battle to keep them away. The bush is too big now to be able to net it properly so I try putting windmills and all sorts in the soil and I'm often found running outside towards it clapping my hands and shouting all sorts at those pigeons. My neighbours think I'm mad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha!! I do that to the birds eating my raspberries xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks