Thursday 10 May 2018

On/off


I wish the flipping weather would make it's mind up!!  As soon I switch the heating completely off the temperature drops and the house is cold.  So I switch it back on again.  And repeat several times through April and May! I really can't stand being cold.  OH laughs at me as I sit on the sofa at night wearing loads of layers and a blanket wrapped round me.  To be fair I did grow up in a house where my dad also doesn't like being cold (my Lovely Mum is snorting with laughter reading this!!) although he refuses to even put a jumper on!!

Thanks for all the supportive comments on my last post.  It seems like a lot of people are recognising that their life is unbalanced.  I'm pretty sure it was Oprah (I'm a big Oprah fan!) who said that women can have it all, just not at the same time.  Even though I live on my own it feels sometimes that I don't have time to myself to do what I want instead of what I have to do.  But I'll keep working on it.

I noticed today that I have 100 followers now!  Thank you 💗 I don't publicise or promote my blog anywhere so it means a lot to me that you're all reading my stuff and commenting. I'm not writing as much as I want to but I am still living as frugally as I can while doing my Body Coach Plan (must update my spending details on the sidebar!)  So far I've lost half a stone and 14 inches but most importantly I feel healthier and fitter.  The challenge will be what happens once the 90 days are over.  Can I stick to the principles on a budget?   My bank balance is VERY low so I'll need to make it work somehow.

10 comments:

  1. I agree with you ref the heating, ours is off, but I sit here with a thick cardi on, it gets cold each night at teatime. Well done on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Pulled on a pair of jeans this morning and was thrilled I didn't have a muffin top!!

      Delete
  2. It's the same here with the heating. I can't stand being cold and although I'm not wasteful with it I will switch it on if I feel the need.
    Congratulations on the weight loss and to feeling healthier. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling healthier is the most important part :-)

      Delete
  3. Me too. It was so chilly yesterday morning and raining too, so on it went to warm up the house a bit. I'm very grateful for my heating!
    The weight loss is great and yes, you can eat well and healthily on a budget. I do.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree but it takes planning. And I've really not been good at planning my food lately!!

      Delete
  4. I feel the cold but have decided to use a throw if I am sat down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, throw and hot water bottle sometimes!!

      Delete
  5. Although our central heating is now off, the log burner has been lit on quite a few occasions and I find myself stood very close to the Aga while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil 😉

    I'm also glad of the dogs cuddling up on the sofa while I watch tv or read, they are like two hot water bottles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still miss my Aga for that reason!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks