Sunday 14 October 2018

Holiday Plans


I'm on holiday! Woohoo!!  It's lovely to know I don't need to get up tomorrow morning and go to work.  But I'm not lounging around.  Oh no, I'll be getting rid of this 'lovely' 1980s peach colour in my bedroom.


You can see that the eaves in my room are curved which makes it hard to wallpaper (although the previous owners have had a good go in my son's old room!!) It's also curved at the ceiling.  So painting is the easiest option.  Probably white.  I'll see what it looks like with the first coat.  My drawers are cream so maybe white might not look right.  I won't know until I do it.


Inside my wardrobe also needs painting as I had some damp treated.  This was before I got the woodburner installed and rain was getting in the chimney.  There are a couple of holes in the ceiling and walls where the pipes and wires that came to the old water tank must have come through the wardrobe.


You can see the capped pipes and a huge hole that's just been covered with a piece of plywood.  I might wallpaper the inside if I can get a cheap funky roll at B&Q.  Watch this space!😉


I was taking out some of the shoes from my wardrobe and put them in the hall.  They're rather colourful, aren't they? 😁

So, busy week ahead!  I'm hoping to have it all done by the time I go back to school next Monday!  Best get cracking then!

9 comments:

  1. Its much more fun getting up on a Monday to 'work' for yourself. I think white and cream are ok together but as you say time will tell. Don't knock yourself out doing too much though, try to enjoy some 'me' time too. Love the shoes, I love some colour too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do a few hours every day. I've got plans to meet up with friends and go visit my parents too. And I've promised to take my son to TK Maxx to look for a lamp!

      Delete
  2. That's not a holiday, hope you get it all done, I love a change of colour on the walls, we have no wallpaper here, so it's easy to paint everywhere. Glad to read in your comment above you have plans to have some fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I rather like being creative so it's a holiday for me. While painting is quick I do like the effect of wallpaper

      Delete
  3. We had cream walls with white furniture for about 15 years. Only when we changed to a carpet earlier this year, did the walls change to almond white as th carpet is grey. Enjoy your week away from work-I always loved the October break. It’s finally looking dry this morning so we are braving Braehead-hits IKEA, Sainsbugs and M and S in one swoop. Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you're brave doing all 3!!

      Decorating going well but it's slow

      Delete
  4. Hope your painting goes well, it will look nice and fresh-ready for selling!! Have some fun, next Monday will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red wardrobe wall and the co-ordinating boots! I remember when uni-pals of mine had a bright red kitchen - late 80's i think - I was v jealous.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks