Saturday 1 December 2018

Ho ho ho!!!


It's December and I must confess I'm getting into Christmas mode already.  Probably because I've already spent weeks singing Christmas songs at school getting ready for our Nativity.  First performances are this week!! I treated myself to a dairy free Advent calendar from Heavenly Chocolate 😋 and I'm actually considering putting the tree up this weekend 🎄


A quick pop into Sainsbury's the other evening scored me some bargain pate although I didn't notice at the time it wasn't British pork.  OH doesn't like pate so I don't make it any more.  It was lovely on some GF toast!


I also got 2 packs of GF stuffing reduced.  I think I might add some chopped apricots to it.  I already have a nice veggie stuffing in the freezer so that's one more tick on the Christmas meal list.


I didn't get any chicken bargains so next week's soup for lunches was an assortment of what's in the fridge and freezer.  I came up with Broccoli soup made with the ends of 2 opened bags of frozen broccoli, 4 bendy carrots, 3 small onions, stock powder and a tin of Basics potatoes.  It was quite nice but was missing something.

So I added a full pack of Aldi's soft goats' cheese and it was yummy!  I served it with a sprinkle of grated hard goat's cheese and some Ancho chilli flakes.  Lovely! 😋

I've got a huge food delivery order coming on Tuesday evening that I hope will see me through December.  I've got a few extra things for my storecupboard as well as my monthly shop. Sainsbury's is a nightmare in the run up to the big day so I try to avoid it if I can.  I'll use the Lidl which is round the corner for any fresh stuff and tbh if I've forgotten anything I'm not fussed.  We won't starve.

Have you started getting into a festive mood yet? 🎅🎅🎅

6 comments:

  1. I put the lights on the tree outside our front door during last week, not really because I felt Christmassy, more because it was dry and I knew from the forecast it was to be pretty wet the rest of the week :( At first I wasn't going to plug them in yet, however in the end I decided it didn't really matter if they were lit a bit earlier than usual. They cheer me up, and I really need cheering up just now. We're going to put the tree up next weekend when my granddaughter comes for a sleepover. :D Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was good forward thinking!! Glad it's helping to cheer you up :-) It's been VERY wet here and this morning is rather foggy!!

      Delete
  2. There’s some reductions I’m envious of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def just luck! It's rare to get good bargains in Sainsbury's now. My son gets better ones in Tesco (he lives beside it!) so maybe I should try there sometimes

      Delete
  3. I’m shopping tomorrow for the reverse advent for our local foodbank-it’s all the luxury treats they are looking for and I don’t mind that because we won’t be wanting anything like that for ourselves. I have a £15 off £100 at Sainbugs so think I will go there and combine with my own shopping. Glad you are feeling the Christmas spirit and it’s not long to go now til all the end of term jollities. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're doing the reverse advent at school and I'm adding GF stuff to the trolley at Sainsbury's.

      Just 3 weeks to go!!! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks