Sunday 5 January 2020

Review of 2019 goals



As always I've had a look back at last year's goals to see how I did before deciding on this year's goals.

1.  Keep decluttering my house.

I've managed to declutter my downstairs/guest bedroom. The built in cupboards were full of unpacked boxes from the move 6 years ago.  Most of it got recycled, donated or binned.  I now just have 1 room left to clear.

2.  Keep decorating the house on a tight budget and re use as much stuff as possible.

I decorated my dining hall and stairs and my guest bedroom this year.  All the costs were paint, wallpaper, light fittings and carpet.  I reused all the furniture and accessories from elsewhere in the house

3.  Grow more fruit and vegetables

I don't think I grew any more than last year but I did get my new allotment started off.  I revamped my polytunnel to grow some Winter veg but the jury's still out on that one.


4.  Keep eating sensibly.

I've managed to stick to this one although I did relax the dairy free element for a short while.  My digestion didn't approve so I'm back on a strict gluten and dairy free diet.

5.  Exercise.   

I've managed to keep doing the gym twice a week but would like to do more this year

6.  Switch off from work.

I've successfully managed to not bring too much work stuff home.  Mainly planning stuff as you need uninterrupted time and school is just so noisy and busy.

7.  Craft more

I didn't manage to do much crafting this year as most of my time was taken up with DIY stuff.  Although I have recently picked up my sock knitting again.

8.  Stick to my clothing budget.

I've stayed well within my budget this year.

9.  Save as much money as possible

Well, I did save a fair amount but I've spent it all on carpets and travelling!!

10.  Reduce my plastic use

I've been fairly successful with this.  I haven't bought any new plastic items but it's the packaging that is the problem.  I'm constantly working on it.

................................

2019 threw a few unexpected things at me.  The biggest one being that this will be my forever house.  Going forward I now have a different viewpoint on how it should be decorated.

I also hadn't planned on going on holiday by myself.  But it was exactly what I needed to do and I've gained a new confidence in myself and what I can do when I put my mind to it.

When I was in Australia I did a lot of thinking about the coming year (and 2021) so look out for my 2020 goals :-)

8 comments:

  1. I think you have some commendable goals already from your 2019 review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be continuing with most of them and adding in a few more :-)

      Delete
  2. I think you've done extremely well - and I'm looking forward to your 2020 goals.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on them today in between napping to help my jetlag! :-)

      Delete
  3. 2019 was a positive year for you, I understand your comment about plastic packaging, it's a constant challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there were a few tough things I didn't share here but looking back now the changes were positive. I'm about to hit the supermarket with a view to buying better packaged stuff :-)

      Delete
  4. Carpets and travelling sounds like an excellent use of money to me!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks