Monday 17 February 2020

10 Days, 10 Photos Challenge

I was nominated by a dear friend to take part in the Facebook 10 days, 10 photos challenge where you had to post a photo that meant something to you without explanation.  I thought it would be nice to share here and explain why I chose my 10 photos 😊

The first one was my 3 boys.  This one was taken at my Dad's 70th birthday party, 6 years ago.  My middle son (on the right) is the one that lives in Australia so they are rarely together in the same place.


Day 2 was my mum and my sister on my sister's 50th birthday, 2 years ago. She lives near Guildford so we don't see each other very often.


Day 3 was my mum and dad taken in 1978 or 79 when we got our first ever dog, a Cairn terrrier (like Toto in the Wizard of Oz!)  I'm not sure where they were going but dad rarely wore a suit!


Day 4, my 2 gorgeous girls.  Lucy on the right was not happy when I got Emma.  It took a very long time for her accept this newcomer.  When I found them sleeping together in front of the Aga I had to take a picture of Lucy with her paw round Emma 😍


Day 5 was this selfie was taken in October last year in Gran Canaria.  It was my first ever solo holiday and I snapped this before I went to the pool one day.  When I looked at it later I realised that I'm in ok shape for my age and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  I'm almost 54 and that body has been through a lot.  Yet I'm still here and I'm healthy!

Day 6 was my Aga in my old house.  It meant a lot to me.  I loved cooking on it.  I still dream about re doing my wee kitchen in this house putting in a 2 oven Aga.  I have found a local company that sells and fits reconditioned Agas 😉


Day 7 was this one taken 9 years ago after I had been really ill for months with whooping cough.  I'd come out of my 24 year marriage and been through a breast cancer scare ( I had 3 small cysts).  My mental and physical health had been at an all time low.  This was my neighbour's trampoline and we had sent all the kids away to play football.  It was the first time in a very long time I had felt really happy.


Day 8, me getting ready to be a passenger on a 2 person Microlight.  It was a huge deal for me as I'm terrified of flying and I was putting my complete trust in OH as he had just earned his pilot license to take a passenger!  I loved it, especially when we flew over my house and Stirling Castle 😊


Day 9 - I would never ever do a parachute jump so this was the closest I would get.  When we were in Singapore for the wedding we had the chance to try indoor sky diving.  It was an amazing feeling and so freeing.  I would definitely recommend it.


And my last one was a selfie taken during the terrible winter of 2010 and 2011 where I was snowed in for weeks.  It was taken on the paddock of my old house.  Beyond the fence was the moor where roe deer and an ancient Welsh pony were my neighbours.  I still miss that house!

All these photos had already been posted to FB over the years but it was nice to look back and remember why I had posted them.  Like most people I know, I don't share much there so when I do it means something to me or my family.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful memories, Ali! Sounds like you have been through a lot but come out on the other side stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' has been my mantra for many years. It really was lovely to look through the photos I had posted and remember why I'd posted them :-)

      Delete
  2. I was looking through some old photos a couple of weeks ago and looking at them I remember thinking, 'why didn't I appreciate my body more when I was younger' Like you, I looked ok and was fit and healthy! Now, I could do with losing a few pounds but I don't stress about it. It's nice to look back sometimes though. Nice photos. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I look back at old photos of myself now and think why did I let someone else make me feel bad about my stretch marks, grey hairs and a few extra pounds after having 3 babies?? xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks