Tuesday 21 July 2020

Redesigning the front garden


I'm still here, just not blogging.  My life is rather full on just now with family legal stuff so my garden and allotment are my 'relaxation.'  The front of my house is due to get roughcasted to match the garage so I've been removing trees/bushes etc to make way for the scaffolding.  It's a good chance to redesign it all.


Before and after removing a wild hebe!


I've guiltily removed an acer, a hebe and a pieris.  All lovely trees/bushes, just too big and overgrown for the space.  All my pots have been temporarily relocated so the space is completely clear.  It's actually much bigger than I thought so I'm thinking about what I can do with the space.  It's south facing and gets lots of sun all day.  One thought is a rose garden on the lower part 🌹 and perennials in the raised beds.  Definitely flowers not vegetables 🌷🌸🌼

9 comments:

  1. I do like your raised beds. It's amazing how things grow when you take your eyes off them for 5 minutes! There's a house not far from us that's been empty for just a few months, and in that short time nature has taken over and the front garden is now like a jungle, you can barely see the house! Hebes get very leggy after a while, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah!! And once I'd trimmed off the edges it was like a plate of tangled spaghetti underneath! It was nightmare to cut back and dig out!! I think the recent heat plus lots of rain has made everything grow like crazy. Even just not doing much recently (aka nothing!!) to the front garden has made it very messy.

      Delete
  2. Even although I feel I've done nothing but work in the garden the past few months my garden is looking like a jungle! Hebes take over the world too don't they, I'm forever picking out little baby ones! It's nice to have a blank canvas again though, have fun with it and I hope you get the bulk of the legal stuff done before you've to head back to the coalface! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, nice to have a blank canvas but not got any ideas yet!! Legal stuff will take between 6 months to a year. It's complex!

      Delete
  3. That is a huge undertaking, Ali, but you seem to be up for it. Good luck and keep us posted as it develops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's turning into a bigger job than I thought!!

      Delete
  4. It's looking good. I like a sense of space in a garden, whatever size it is.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tempting to fill that 'space' isn't it? I'll probably do the groundwork this year and maybe the planting next year

      Delete
  5. Yep, weeds have gone crazy here too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks