Sunday 13 December 2020

Hanging on...




Just 7 and a half teaching days left until the Christmas holidays!  We're all just hanging on for dear life!!  Despite the data from Public Health Scotland suggesting some types of schools are more likely to have outbreaks, my school is bucking the trend and so far we've had zero positive cases of Covid.  Staff, kids and parents have been following all the safety rules and it seems to be working.  It does hang over us all the time but it's worth it if we can keep this up.

In the midst of teaching in a pandemic and still dealing with my uncle's 'stuff,'  I did manage to get my wee downstairs shower room renovated.

Before

During

After

It took longer than planned as they found a few issues including the outside wall having no insulation!  They fixed that but it means the rest of the extended part of the house probably doesn't have any either 😲 So that's on my list for next year.  I've been told there are grants available for insulation so I'll investigate it.  As much as I love my new shower room I won't be using it.  It's mainly for visitors and guests (my guest room is downstairs) and for my son who is living in the extended part of the house for now.  But it does make me want to update my stuck in the 1980s bathroom upstairs!! 😄

13 comments:

  1. The shower room looks lovely, I'm sure your son and visitors will really appreciate having such a luxurious (and now warmer) room to use.

    Hang on in there it's almost time for Christmas break, and well done to your school for following the safety rules so carefully that you are all safe, I bet not many can say that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really proud my school has done everything possible to keep everyone safe!

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous. I'd be sneaking down to use that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning shower room!
    Good luck with hanging on! I always used to come down with something in the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fingers crossed there's nothing to come down with this time!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ali, your bathroom looks very nice. We just started a much stricter lockdown today as our numbers are going up all the time. This lockdown will be a hard one as it will last for a minimum of 4 weeks and no one, other than the people that live in your house are allowed to visit. So it will just be DH and I over Christmas. I hope it makes a difference at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've just come out of a strict lockdown. Only essential shops open and no visiting other households. It seems to have worked but we're all worried people will take risks because it's Christmas

      Delete
  5. That's what I need to do for my ensuite bathroom but have run out of funds at the moment. Maybe in the New Year.....? Congrats on getting through this term with no infections!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done your school for having no outbreaks, my grand daughters school has 4 positive this week :(
    Your bathroom looks brilliant.
    Hang on in there! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! Really really looking forward to a break :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks