Wednesday 19 January 2022

Second Sock Syndrome

 


Thanks for all your good wishes.  Just feeling rather crappy, chest a wee bit wheezy and got a bit of a headache today.  And feeling very tired.  So I've just been lounging about listening to my audiobook and knitting.  I finished the turquoise sock this morning and debated whether to cast on the second one or finish the half done grey one.

I decided to finish the grey one then I've got a finished pair.  Shaped the heel, picked up stitches for the instep and now I'm shaping the instep.  I remember now why I abandoned this one.  The colour is hard on my poor eyes.  Definitely one for daylight and not night time so need to find something else to keep me busy in the evening.

Second sock syndrome is very real as you're always tempted to start a different colourful one and not knit another one the same.  I know there's a method to knit 2 at a time on circular needles but never tried it.  Might go look it up on Youtube later!  

14 comments:

  1. 2nd sock is always harder, matching start point, length it's hard. I tried knitting 2 at the same time hated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, matching up patterned sock yarn is a pain!! Depending on my mood I sometimes just do a fraternal pair, LOL!

      Delete
  2. As I cannot knit, and could not do so if you held a gun to my head, I am uniquely qualified to ask: why make the second one the same as the first? 🤔

    Surely as long as the wool is the same ply/weight then two socks are . . . just two socks and so what if they're not the same colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Brilliant question! Genuinely no idea why they should be other than they're always sold in identical pairs!!!!

      Delete
  3. They look very cozy. What size needles and yarn do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use 2.5mm Brittany Birch needles and 4 ply sock yarn. The grey is Regia which is 75% wool and 25% polyamid. Washes really well for years. The turquoise is a hand dyed yarn I got from a craft stall.

      Delete
  4. Your socks look wonderful. They will keep your feet nice and warm.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They do keep my toes toasty :-)

      Delete
  5. I tend to cast on the second one straight away, then it's ready to go. Mostly lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if I don't cast on straight away then I lose interest!! Lol!

      Delete
  6. I totally agree - and mismatched socks are definitely a style thing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suffer from second sock syndrome too. I'm a great believer in mismatched socks these days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's becoming my favourite idea so far! I'd never be bored of knitting a second sock LOL!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks