Sunday 6 February 2022

Grey Sunday

 

There's definitely a grey theme today and it's not just the dull weather!  I finally finished off the grey socks.  HOORAY!  I genuinely can't remember how long ago I cast these on but I do know they were originally for my ex husband.  So at least 12 or 13 years then!  I gave them to my son who always has cold feet. He loved hand knitted socks when he was a boy but as knitting full size men's ones take forever, they'll probably be the last ones I knit for him!  I can cast on the second turquoise one now.


I finally made a decision on the flooring for my bathroom.  I've chosen these grey vinyl tiles from B&Q.  They're stick and peel so in theory should be straightforward to fit.  I'll do this during the half term holiday.  I've now got all the materials I need so just need the time to get stuck in.  The colours for the whole room will be white, grey, yellow and pink.

When I'm done with the bathroom I can get my kitchen finished during the Easter holidays.  Then it will be full steam ahead to get the allotment up and running for the summer.

Lovely plans for such a grey day!

10 comments:

  1. Hahahah I have sock post on here somewhere and I have to concede that I can no longer boast the longest time to finish a pair of socks record because I think it is you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! I have knitted other socks in those 12 years, just never finished these ones :-)

      Delete
  2. Your plans are coming along great guns. So nice to accomplish something productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just small achievable plans as it feels like I was trying to do too many things last year :-)

      Delete
  3. Hope your son appreciates the luxury of hand knitted socks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep he does! I don't give anyone socks if they don't appreciate the time that goes into them!

      Delete
  4. I like the tile colour you picked. It will go with so many other colours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it picks up on the grey grout on the white wall tiles and a tiny bit on the wallpaper pattern :-)

      Delete
  5. I'd love to be able to knit socks. I've tried but couldn't get to grips with either a circular needle or lots of small needles :( It's good to get unfinished projects done isn't it. You've certainly got lots of plans to keep you busy ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying hard to finish things this year before starting anything new!! And definitely only buying stuff that finishes old projects :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks