Thursday 24 February 2022

Snow and other stuff (bit of a chatty one!)

 


Finally got some snow that's hanging around!  A couple of inches overnight and it's currently snowing.  I'm noticing I'm really cold today (I guess it's the not moving around) so I'm fully tucked up in my bed.  Tuppence wasn't happy this morning when I let her out.  I stood in my dressing gown trying to clear a patch in her enclosure so she didn't need to stand on actual snow.  She just shouted at me!! 🐔  Emma did a few zoomies and came straight back in!


I had my in person doctor appointment yesterday.  My lungs/chest seem to be clear, I just have a stubborn infection that won't shift.  So I'm on stronger antibiotics.  They've really knocked me for six as I'm actually feeling worse today.  Hopefully it's the whole 'needs to get worse before it's better' kinda deal.

My GP was actually a gynaecology consultant before she became a GP so is an expert in women's health.  She's very much in demand at my surgery and you have to wait several weeks if you want to see her.  We had a long chat about my recent general health, immune issues, tiredness, lack of quality sleep etc.  Without going into too many details I'm also now on estrogen.  I've felt for ages that despite my healthy eating and trying to stay active something was 'missing.'  I never thought I would need HRT.  I (wrongly) thought it was for women who were having terrible menopause symptoms like mood swings, hot flushes or depression.  I have no symptoms or so I thought.  Tiredness, weight gain and immune issues are in there too!!  I'd never have thunk it! Always good to keep an open mind and I do trust my GP. 


So when I went to Te$co to collected my prescriptions I had a 20 min wait.  "I'll just have a wee look round while I'm here" turned into me spending £30 on a dress, goats cheese, a bottle of Diet Coke and a tub of guacamole (I absolutely love guacamole!!) 🥑  Instead of getting a plastic bag I spotted this Emma Bridgewater reusable tote and couldn't resist!!  My spending this month is still well within budget but I didn't plan this wee splurge.  Hey ho!


I'm still keeping busy.  Now got 8 flower hexies sewn together and 5 single ones.  Next step is adding them to the quilt.

I've reached the heel flap stage of my sock but I've had to stop.


I broke TWO of my Brittany Birches needles and had to order a new set.  Hopefully they'll arrive today or tomorrow.  Annoying but I have had these needles at least 10 years and they're well used!

I also frogged a jumper I started knitting ages ago.  My style has changed over the last few years plus this was definitely too small!  If I'm wearing a jumper now I like it to be big, baggy and comfy.  I still love the design (Owls by Kate Davies)  but would rather it was a baggy style.  The yarn is a lovely pure natural wool and I have a plan for it plus the remaining unused balls.

Bit of a chatty blog today.  I feel I'm finally on the way to feeling a lot better than I have for ages.  I think I'll be off school for another week (or at least part of next week) as I want to go back when folk can say "You look well" instead of "You look terrible, should you be back?" 🙄

6 comments:

  1. HRT is amazing and has really made a huge difference to me - not keen to ever come off it but I guess I'll have to sooner or later! Hope it makes the same difference to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! My GP assures me I'll see a difference so fingers crossed :-)

      Delete
  2. Brrr that photo looks so very chilly.

    Hoping the new meds help quickly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been very cold today so I've mostly been in bed, partly to keep warm but also cos I still feel rubbish. The roads are mostly just slushy now. If it freezes overnight that'll be a problem tomorrow for drivers xxx

      Delete
  3. Best to stay home until the snow and ice goes. Hope you are on the mend at last!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks