Tuesday 30 May 2023

Fixing windows

 

It might not be obvious but there's no glass in the bottom part of that window!  I finally got round to getting a company in to fix 3 misted double glazing units in some of my windows.  This window has been misted ever since I moved in almost 10 years ago!  I'm not sure when the previous owners replaced all the windows but they were pretty old even 10 years ago.  I also got some hinges replaced on 4 hopper windows and a new door lock installed.  Total spend just under £1,000 which is much cheaper than replacing whole windows.  I'm trying to anticipate what a surveyor will pick up on the Home Report when I sell and remedy it as cheaply as I can so future buyers won't reduce their offers 🤞

Unfortunately, the guys stood on the edge of my newly painted raised bed to reach the window and it's collapsed 😠 They didn't tell me at the time, I discovered it when I went out to check my plants.  Luckily I have a liner so the soil hasn't burst out but it's in an awkward place close to the house.  I'll get some metal corner brackets and try to hold the planks back in place. 


Meanwhile, it's been another gorgeous day here with a high temp of 22C.  Actually too hot to do much except look at all the pretty flowers.  My son commented that all my flowers seem to be blue, pink or purple.  Yep!! 😂

6 comments:

  1. We need our huge front window pane replaced as it’s been misted for years now. We also need new blinds as the verticals keep snapping off. Really must get round to it but it never seems to be a priority. That’s a shame about your lovely planter. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it's at the back so not visible. I'll try to cobble it back together somehow :-)

      Delete
  2. There's always something needing repair or replacement in a house. It never seems to end! The joys of home ownership!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Lovely Mum always says you should do one big project a year to keep on top of everything. Thanks to the Covid years I didn't keep it up and am catching up this year!

      Delete
  3. Good about the windows, etc, but oh, no! Hopefully it can be repaired without too much hassle.

    I have a small window that mists occasionally. It is so occasional that I am leaving it until it becomes much more obvious. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I moved in that window was a little bit misted. It got worse over the years and until it was really obvious. Then a few others started! If any more start between now and going on the market, they'll just have to stay xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks